Montrose Berry Farm has once more opened its door to the heards of Berry Pickers! The season has officially begun with Berry picking season starting on the 12th December 2012.
At present Boysenberries and Loganberries are ripe and ready. However as the season progresses as will will our other berries coming into season.You will be able to find yourself an array of berries including Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries and hazlenuts.
Berry picking is a unique experience that is fast dying. It is perfect to for a family outing, by yourself or even a first date! A fee of $12.50is charged for anyone entering a berry patch, with each person picking up to 0.5kg of Berries. Excess weight will then be charges at $2.50/100gms. Young children are charged $7.50 entry fee which includes an allowance of 300g of berries. It is $2.50 per 100g thereafter. For payment we accept cash, mastercard, visa and eftpos.
Picking berries is a fun and enjoyable experience, and not overly hard to do, which is perfect for everyone. Picking your 0.5kg is expexted to take around the 30minutes. If a person stays more than half an hour in the patch, it is expected f them them to pick at least 1kg each.
Montrose greatly values the fruit and plants in each patch as they will provide the experience to you, our customers in the years to come, our income as well as provide wages for our four employees.Keeping this in mind it is asked that anybody in a berry patch to also take the care and respect for each plant as we do.
Montrose Berry Farm is open Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays 10am to 4pm and Saturdays 10am-1pm. Changes to berry availability will be updated on the website by 7pm each day on www.montroseberryfarm.com.au
There are a few common sense guidelines that everybody must follow to ensure that you all have a safe and enjoyable experience that will Montrose to continue to offer pick your own services to the public.
- Adults must take responsibility for children’s safety and well being and supervise and accompany children at all times.
- After registering each person may try 4 berries while in the patch picking their allocation. All other picked berries must be placed in your container.
- No running as we have uneven ground.
- We provide all containers for picking. No bags, backpacks or prams are allowed on the farm.
- Do not damage the plants when picking.
- Picnic facilities are not available at the farm but are available at the rest area opposite the farm, or ask our staff about other nice spots in the nearby area.
- No pets allowed.
- The farm is closed except for the patch being picked; for safety please do not wander over the farm.
- There are bees, spiders, wombats, rabbits, snakes, lizards and birds, etc on the farm.
- We have a first aid kit and phone at the shop if required in an emergency.
- No-one must go near the dams.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn at all times.
- Do not drink water from the taps as it is bore water.
Anybody and group not adhering to the above requirements will be asked to leave the property immediately.